What Does It Mean To Be A Sentry A-Player?
Setting out to achieve our "why" of safeguarding people and processes might seem simple, but it's not easy. We challenge ourselves every day to be “A” players in everything we do: how we work, how we interact with each other and how we serve our customers.
We have created a culture of bringing our best every day, which comprises of six A Player competencies. View our short video on how these A Player competencies play out in our workplace.
Six A's That Make An A-Player
- Contributes to the success of the organization as a whole
- Appreciates the value of other departments
- Realizes impact of behaviors on others
- Understands our customers
- Seeks opportunities to learn, improve and grow
- Learns from mistakes
- Utilizes communication resources
- Asks questions constructively and respectfully
- Provides feedback and acts on feedback received
- Goes the extra mile to serve internal and external customers
- Assesses risk to make timely and sound decisions
- Delivers quality results despite changing demands
- Embraces change
- Seeks and recommends ways to do things better
- Anticipates changing customer (internal and external) needs
- Contributes to achieving our longer-term vision
- Refrains from “that’s how we’ve always done it”
- Trusts others and management to do their jobs
- Collaborates with others to reach a common goal
- Communicates progress on commitments
- Helps others be successful
- Responds to the needs of others
- Takes responsibility and finds solutions
- Holds self and others responsible for actions
- Shares in rewards and disappointments
- Supports decisions even when not in full agreement
- Shows pride in company and personal accomplishments
Join us! See our employment opportunities.