Sentry MT-2V Magnetic Trap
- Part #
- Model #
Magnetite particles can cause huge problems within a sampling system by jamming and plugging components. The Sentry MT-2V magnetic trap isolates magnetite particulates to protect sample conditioning and analytical instruments from critical downtime and costly repairs. The magnetic trap uses high strength neodymium magnets in its core to attract and capture the magnetite before it can cause damage, protecting Sentry VREL control valves, flowmeters and analyzers.
To meet varying power plant needs, the magnetic trap is available in low- to high-pressure models.
While conventional filters trap all particulates and choke off sample flow as the filtering media becomes plugged with contaminants, the Sentry MT-2V magnetic trap captures only entrained oxide particulate and lets the remaining particulates pass, protecting conditioning equipment while maintaining sample integrity.
- Designed specifically for the extreme conditions of power plants
- NEVER plugs
- Incorporates unique cyclonic cleaning action to scrub internal surfaces, and is purged of particle collection in place, requiring no tools or disassembly
- Single-stroke actuator and purge-in-place requires no tools or disassembly and prevents the introduction of O2 into the sample stream
- Hydrotested for simple field retrofit or new panel installation
- Designed for installation after primary cooling
|Flow Rate||1200 cc/min|
|Wetted Materials||316 SS|
|Maximum Process Pressure||2500 psig at 175°F (172 barg at 79°C)|