Sentry AutoVREL Flow Controller
- Part #
- Model #
The Sentry AutoVREL Flow Controller allows users to automate new or existing sample panels through a well-appointed device that controls sample panel flow based on feedback from a non-contact flow meter. With the AutoVREL “smart” function, the operator only needs to set the desired sample flow and the system automatically adjusts to changes in the sample pressure.
Power plants that frequently cycle or have sliding pressures require lab technicians to manually adjust the variable pressure-reducing element (Sentry VREL) in their sample panels to maintain EPRI-recommended sample velocity. With reduced or reallocated staff resources, interest has increased in automating these redundant tasks.
The Sentry AutoVREL Flow Controller has been developed as an alternative to the full-featured Sentry Sample Sentry II to offer an additional sample panel automation option.
- Provides quick response time during system startup
- Can be field installed on existing sample panels
- Simple to set and maintain desired flow
- Displays current valve position
- Provides feedback to plant DCS via relay
- Can be set to display actual flow and set flow
- Allows for manual operation through simple override
|Enclosure Rating||IP 65|
|Flow Range||100-2500cc per minute, ±10% of setting|
|Input Power||24V DC|
|Inputs||Flow Rate, Temperature, Sentry TSV Trip|
|Process Temperature||175°F (79°C)|
|Ambient Temperature||130°F (54°C)|
|Wetted Materials||316 SS|